Monday, July 30, 2012

Thy will be done...

I am re-reading the book, "The Reason for God," and my eyes are opened wider each time I read it. When I line this book up with scripture and modern thinking, I find it to be filled with truth from God. In the book, Tim Keller quotes C.S. Lewis and it really made me think. Lewis, in summary, says that there are really only two kind of people in the world. There are those that say, "Your will be done," to God. Then there are those to whom God says, "Your will be done." The atheists delusion is that if they glorified God, they would somehow lose power and freedom, but in a supreme and tragic irony, their choice ruins their own potential for greatness. Hell is, as CS Lewis says, "the greatest monument to human freedom." In the end, God gives people what they most want--whether that be their desires or Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment