Sunday, June 17, 2012

Content in Christ

A few years ago, a sunset was merely a sunset and nothing more. Tonight, I walked through my new yard hand in hand with my beautiful pregnant wife and looked at the sunset. In that brief moment, I did a quick reflection on my life. I used to think that like was about how many treasures I stored up here. It's funny how God works sometimes...this morning I taught 1 Timothy 5&6 in Sunday School. In 1 Timothy 6, the Word says...
     "But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
    But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness."

God has blessed me so richly in my life. I have a roof over my head, food to eat, and clothing. He has blessed me with an amazing Godly family and in-laws. I have been given a beautiful, loving wife and a beautiful soon-to-be born daughter. Most of all, I have been given the greatest gift of all--the grace that comes from Christ Jesus. Because it is God that has blessed me so much, I am going to pursue God.

And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

This is the only way to live with perfect contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment