Thursday, March 14, 2013

Here is My God



I saw a post on twitter that made me think about our church. We should not say, "God, here are my problems." We should say, "Problems, here is my God." Likewise, we should not ask, "God, have you seen my fears...my insecurities..my trials...my tribulations?" We should ask, "Fears...insecurities...trials....tribulations....have you seen my God?" Our faith should be without doubt. What do I mean by doubt? In concept, it's like you have two lists...a "Things God can do" list and a "Impossibilities" list. To summarize an idea out of scripture, God basically says, "Crumble up and throw out the 'impossibilities' list...nothing is impossible with me." This is why I am not fearful of our future. In the words of Chris Tomlin, "I know who goes before me. I know who stands behind. The God of angel armies is always by my side. The one who reigns forever--he is a friend of mine. The God of angel armies is always by my side."


No comments:

Post a Comment