Tuesday, March 26, 2013

In Love, I Stand for Truth.

It is a dark day when the created begin to tell the Creator, "We know better than you." I am not political. I do not boycott secular companies who do not stand for Biblical principle. I do not, quite frankly, care for Republican or Democrat leaders. My job, as a pastor, is not to spread conservative political agenda, but rather to preach the truth in love. Today is a crucial day in our country as the leaders gather to define marriage. Then they will go to a vote to solidify what they define as marriage. The problem is that marriage is not something that is up for a vote. Marriage is not something that was instituted by a government. In Genesis, GOD instituted marriage. God is the one that spoke and said, "a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife." It was God who defined marriage. It was God who labeled sexual immorality a sin. That is not merely homosexuals, but anyone engaged in sexual immorality outside of the confines of God-defined marriage. When someone stands for truth, it does not mean that they are a bigot or a hater. True, there are times that people are filled with rage and hate for people for no reason, but as a Christian--if we are true followers--we should not be filled with rage and hate, but rather, filled with love and peace, and we should proclaim the truth of Scripture in all gentleness and love. Gentleness, however, does not mean coddling. Gentleness is applying the right amount of force to one's words at the proper time. Hear me again, "IT IS A DARK DAY WHEN THE CREATED BEGIN TO REMOVE THE CREATOR AND STAND IN HIS PLACE." It is out of love and concern that I write these things...still some will lash out and call me a bigot. I am not a bigot. I just know what Scripture says and I believe it. No one should be surprised when a Christian stands for Biblical truth. If they stand for things opposed to truth, then they need to investigate what they are calling their faith. For those who are enraged by this, I would be very open to talking and discussing the truths on which I stand. Here is my personal email: pastorheathwalton@gmail.com . I love you all...there is no hate in my heart. In love, I stand for truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment