Sunday, March 10, 2013

To my faith family.

To my faith family, "For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken...For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us." These segments of Psalm 62 have come alive for me today, because now--more than ever before that I can recall in 25 years--my faith is being refined. As seen in Malachi 3:3, for something like silver or gold--things of "worth"--to be refined, they must be put through the fire. I want my faith to be found to be something of "worth" to God. I want it to be found genuine. I want it to be found pleasing. When I draw my last breath, I want my faith to be found spot and blemish free, not because of what I have done, but because of what Christ has done. I want Christ to perfect my faith. I have prayed to God, "Lord, make me rely on you." What a prayer to pray! Many will say do not pray for patience...because God will test you. If that be the case, the ABSOLUTELY pray for patience! Ask God to put you through fire! I absolutely encourage you to pray, "Lord, make me rely on you." There is a false statement that says, "The Lord will never put you through anything you can't handle." The correct statement, "The Lord will never allow you to be tempted beyond what you can handle." This statement means that Christ always provides a way out of temptation; but as for allowing to go through things we can't handle--HE ABSOLUTELY WILL ALLOW IT. God delights, not in our sufferings, but in our faithfulness. God will put you through trials you can't handle so that you may be refined and find it completely necessary to rely solely on Him. Many know what I am writing in reference to...some do not. That's ok. That's how it should be. Just know this...for God alone, my soul waits in silence. My salvation comes from him! This includes justification, sanctification, and glorification. He alone is the rock of my salvation. He alone is my rock, my strength, my stronghold. I will not be shaken. I am striving to trust in Him at all times. My prayer is that the people in my faith family will continue to pour out your heart before Him. That we will continue to trust in Him at ALL times. He is our refuge. I am so glad that God has brought me to Sargent Baptist. Here's to many years more. -Your brother, Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment